Altai Pentix Federation
The open Pentix championship 1995
of the Mathematical Deptartment
The first action of a new-born Altai Pentix Federation was a championship for
classic Pentix being held on the basis of the
Mathematical Department of the Altai State University. It was devoted to the 1st of
April - Mathematician Day. The general sponsor of the championship -
the firm"Altaigrif" - instituted the prize for the winner: a pager,
the service of wich the firm's specialists pledged to fulfil free of charge for a year.
Barnaul and Altai newspapers were gay with the headlines
"Dwellers of Sibirea Are Pace-Setters", "For the First Time in Sibirea Pentix
Championship" etc. One of the most popular newspaper "Free Course" gave
an analytical review "Novelties of Pentix-Press".
Thanks to yreat and rapid propaganda of the Federation in the mass media 15 teams made
applications to take part in the championsip.
At the Championship inauguration a first button was symbolically pressed by Dean
of the Mathematical Department A.I.Kamyshnikov. The first appeared figure turned out to be
"Palka V" ("Stick 5").
- Barnaul Aces (the Physics Department of the ASU)
- Cold Fingers (the Chair of Informatics if the ASU)
- Ctrl-Alt-Del (APF)
- Herschi (Aleko & Co. Ltd.)
- Toes of left leg (Pentix fans)
- Military Unit 68895 (Armed Forces of the Russian Federation)
- Altai (House 53, Krasnoarmeiski avenu, Barnaul)
- Victory (Petrykin's family)
- Dubovaya Rostcha ("Dubovaya Rostcha No 6/17ун")
- Green Tree (school 59, Barnaul)
- Radiation (form 6"C", school 42, Barnaul)
- The combined team
- The Three
The winners of the championship
- Eugene Dementyev (Barnaul Aces) - 23070 (King Size),
- Yuri Nikulin (Barnaul Aces) - 4686 (Blitz),
- Eugene Dementyev (Barnaul Aces) - 37332 (Blitz + King Size).
The Absolute champion of 1995 was recognized the team Barnaul Aces
(the Physics Department of teh ASU),
wich left the nearest team behind almost for 30 thousand points (more than for half points!)
in the main nomination.
The Champion of the APF of 1995 became Eugene Dementyev,
who took the first prize in the main nomination and the first position in the
Rating of the APF in 1995.
- Barnaul Aces - 52635 (King Size)
- Barnaul Aces - 12615 (Blitz)
- Barnaul Aces - 92267 (Blitz + King Size)
The final score tables of the championship according to the nominations
The Regulations of the APF
The figures classification
The Rating System of the APF
Altai Pentix Federation (APF)
Altai Math Web Site
[ English ] [ Russian ]
This page designed by © 1996 TBS Team
Copyright © 1995, 1996 APF
Last page update: Tue, 21 Apr 1996 7:34:34 GMT